A woman suffers severe burns after a house fire early Monday morning
Chattanooga, TN – According to the statement, this unfortunate incident occurred right before 1 a.m. Monday.
It happened at a home in the 700 block of Gillespie Road.
Chattanooga Fire Department crews responded to a residential house fire.
When the firefighters arrived on scene, they found a woman with serious injuries.
She was taken to a local hospital.
The extent of her injuries is unknown.
Officials say that the woman was smoking while on oxygen, causing a fire.
This is a developing story and it will be updated as new information become available.