The Iowa Department of Public Health reported 621 new COVID-19 cases
Chattanooga, TN – Unfortunately, the Iowa Department of Public Health reported 26 additional COVID-19 related deaths as well.
- Confirmed cases: 333,383, an increase of 621
- Deaths: 5,400, an increase of 26
- Total tested: 1,542,796
- Total recovered: 310,881
With the expansion of priority groups in Iowa, more people are eligible to get COVID-19 vaccinations, including all Iowans age 65 or older —an age demographic most vulnerable to serious COVID-19 illness and death — and people in certain professions.
- Vaccine doses administered: 589,056
- Individuals receiving first dose: 295,850
- Individuals receiving second dose*: 146,603