Chattanooga, TN – Chattanooga Fire Department officials said this incident occurred around 4:09 a.m. early Monday morning.

It happened on Parker Lane.

Chattanooga Fire Department crews responded to a report of a structure fire.

The responding crews saw smoke coming from the detached garage that had a chicken coop in it.

They were able to quickly extinguish the blaze.

The cause was determined to be a heat lamp in a chicken coop on the outside of the garage.

Unfortunately, a number of chickens perished, officials said.

It’s unclear exactly how much damage the fire caused.

This is a developing story and it will be updated as new information become available.